FROM FAR AND WIDE
A Frozen Harbour Downtown Kingston Ontario Canada
The beginning of the freeze in the harbour of Kingston, Ontario, Canada in December. A moody sky, a shoreline that is beginning to freeze, and snow covered rocks create a stunning visual with the tower being the central focus. Shoal Tower, originally known as Victoria Tower, is a Martello tower located in the harbour (Confederation Basin) of Kingston, Ontario, Canada, directly opposite Kingston City Hall. It is one of four such towers built in the 1840s to protect Kingston’s harbour and the entrance to the Rideau Canal. Cathcart Tower on Cedar Island, Shoal Tower in the Confederation Basin, Fort Frederick on the grounds of the Royal Military College of Canada, and Murney Tower were part of the same strategic improvements. Although 16 Martello towers were built in Canada, only 11 are still standing, four of them in Kingston.
OPTIONS / SIZES ( more info )
- Framed Gallery Print: An 18″ x 12″ high-quality print with a 24″ x 18″ black gallery frame with white mat.
- Canvas Wall Art: A 30″ x 20″ canvas with wood floater frame.
- Fine Art Print: An 18″ x 12″ print on high-quality photo rag (without a frame).
- Card Set: A 10-pack of 4.6″ x 7.2″ folded cards with envelopes.
- Digital File: High-resolution downloadable digital jpeg / png file for online use or printable art.
Custom sizes and framing available by request.
High-quality fine-art deserves the very best. That’s why I choose high-quality paper and premium quality canvas with Canadian kiln dried wood frames. Paired with world-class printing, I create works of art that will last for a lifetime.
Fine Art Prints
- Printed masterfully for a gorgeous continuous tone
- Vibrant colours in a wide gamut
- 308 GSM cotton fine-art photo rag
- Excellent print longevity, rated for 200 plus years fade resistance
- Framed gallery prints come with gallery frames, mat, acrylic glass, and mounting hardware
- Simple mounting ready to hang with only one hanging screw needed
Canvas with Floating Frame
- Canvas prints are made with premium-quality materials
- Thick poly-cotton canvas that won’t sag
- Kiln-dried Canadian basswood frames that won’t warp
- Green certified HP inks that won’t fade for 200 years
- Simple mounting and comes ready to hang with only one hanging screw needed